This likely can be solved with String Translation.
- Step 1:
- Go here /wp-admin/admin.php?page=sitepress-multilingual-cms%2Fmenu%2Ftheme-localization.php
- Type in the string you are trying to translate.
- Find the match and type in translation.
- If you cannot find string OR you Saved translation but website still not showing translated go to step 2. (The actual string likely not in WPML database)
- Step 2: Scan the theme / plugin for the translation string
- Go to this page in wordpress admin/wp-admin/admin.php?page=sitepress-multilingual-cms%2Fmenu%2Ftheme-localization.php
- Go to first section “Strings in the themes”. Check off the theme you are using. If not sure, can just check off everything.
- Click on blue button “Scan Selected Themes for Strings”
- Repeat same for next section “Strings in the plugins”
- Repeat step 1 again to find the string and provide translation.
This works 80% of the time.