My website embeds a mp4 file with proper html tags, etc. The video loads on PC, but does not work on mobile (testing with an iPhone).
- Load on Safari. Browser shows a circular play button, but crossed out sign over the play button. I tried to load the video as a standalone file in safari. Video does not work at all.
- Tried to load on Chrome, same result.
Please do a test of the following on iPhone or mobile iOS device:
- Load mp4 file directly in iOS browser instead of through website. If this works that means you have HTML code error.
- Try to load the same video in http and https. If http works but https does not work, it is because there is an issue with certificate. Try searching google for specific requirements.
- Try to upload a smaller video and see if iOS device can load smaller file directly. If small video works that means your original video size is too big. Consider compressing the file. (For small file size, I would recommend <15 MB for testing. We tried 35MB and it did work on a iPhone 6.)