This is for a server on cPanel. Do you see this on chrome browser?
Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from [put real domain here] (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
This is usually due to invalid SSL certificate. If you click on the ‘not secure’ in the top left, you will see this in chrome.
Run Auto SSL to renew certificate
- If this is new account or you just changed name server, then there is no valid SSL cert. Run Auto SSL to renew certificate
- If account was suspended for a long time: then there is no valid SSL Cert as old cert did not get renewed and expired. Run Auto SSL to renew certificate
To fix this:
- go to cPanel, login
- Click on icon / item “SSL/TLS Status”
- You will see a lot of red locks and likely error message saying “An error occurred the last time AutoSSL ran”
- Make sure when browser types domain it goes to this exact server
- click “Run AutoSSL” blue button
After maybe 10 min to a few hours, it should work. If it does not, then log into WHM, Auto SSL, and read logs to see why it is stuck. Usually it is because domain is not pointing to the server.
In the rare circumstance that the cert is stuck, in WHM, SSL logs, you will see it being queued for cert, but the cert itself is not issued.